Sunday, December 21, 2008

A much needed update




Alright, I know it has been awhile, a very long while, since I updated my blog. My home computer quit working and it is against FL DOH policy to even check blogs let alone update one. I am just going to pick up from where I am now…

Here is the abreviated update:

Charlie and I got engaged in September. We haven’t set a date yet…I promise I will shout it from the rooftops as soon as we do. In the mean time, quit asking! :)

We adopted a dog...SOX. He is an adorable rescue Boxer. I am will post more on him later.

I was able to do a ton of exciting travel for work. I spent a week in Denver and then a week in San Diego presenting research and outbreak investigations. Both were very exciting and professionally fulfilling.

I started applying for new positions. My fellowship ends in May and with the current economy I wanted to get a start on the job hunt. Little did I know that would work out so well and fast. In November I interviewed for a job in Vancouver, WA and was offered it few days later. So I packed what I could in my poor Rav and drove (by myself) from Tallahassee, FL to Vancouver, WA. It was a grand total of 3200 tax deductable :) miles. Charlie will be joining me mid-March.

OK so now you are caught up on my big life changes. Check this out! I arrived in Vancouver for the worst storm in years. Vancouver rarely gets snow and it ususally melts as soon as it hits the ground. So I pull into town with my ¾ length pants and short sleeve shirt to a mess of a storm. They kept threating to cancel work my first week. It never really got bad in Vancouver but Portland got dumped on…and then yesterday the storm took the bridge across the Columbia and we got it too. Notice the irony of my Florida plates covered in snow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some snow! We are glad that you made it to Vancouver safe and sound before the storm caught you. Have a great Christmas! A care package is on the way. Love, Uncle Mike and Auntie Penn

Sally said...

I hope the snow situation is getting better! Maybe this is a sign that you are supposed to go back to MT when we do. Actually, really I don't know, I'm just saying......... But atleast in MT they have a plan and the means for snow removal.